Cross Country- General Info
Thank you for your interest in Middle School Cross Country! This will be a very rewarding experience for your son/daughter and we hope they will benefit from all aspects of participating in a school sport.
First of all, please sign up for our remind messages. This is how we will communicate with you for anything this season. Changes, cancellations, early end to practices etc. Please text @coachketti to 81010 to join.
Before any conditioning or season practice can be done, ALL documents must be completed on PRIVIT. Please go to the main sports webpage and follow the prompts. You will need a physical completed by a Doc and then submit that online as well. Any questions, please reach out to me or the school.
Come to practice ready to run. Pay attention to the weather. Dress appropriately! Bring water in a reusable bottle, NO PLASTIC DISPOSABLE BOTTLES PLEASE! The first few weeks of practice are always tough. The more time the kids spend on their feet, the better off they will be in the season. 10 week season goes by really quickly when they get injured.
Please make sure the kids have a good pair of running shoes to start the season. Injuries happen all too quickly and bad shoes are usually a main culprit.
Things to think about
- We will need parent volunteers during the season to help with snack stuff! If that doesn't happen, we will have the kids bring their own snacks for after races.
- Since we race on the campus now, we will only need a few volunteers at the home meets for timing, sticks and name writing.. We coaches prefer to coach the kids and not have to worry about this detail. Thanks in advance!
- The kids will need a pair of plain BLACK shorts to race in. We will loan them a singlet, that will be returned at year end, but the shorts will be theirs.
- Kids will stay after school for all meets. Bus transportation will be provided for all away meets.
- Carpools are huge with after school sports. Please start working on those immediately. We can help solicit to the group, but practice is mandatory (yes, there are exceptions) and not getting a ride is not a valid excuse for missing.
- Expectations will be reviewed with the kids, but a copy of that will be updated on the website. Please review so there are no surprises.
- There will also be grade checks at the end of the August and September. Being a fall sport, let's keep the grades in check so we don't have to dismiss you from the team. GRADES COME FIRST, THEN SPORTS!
Please let us know if there are any questions! Looking forward to the summer!
Coach Kettie and Coach LaHaye
Summer Conditioning - SUMMER 2022
Summer conditioning dates have been CANCELLED - practice will begin July 28. Please make sure all PRIVIT information is up to date before practices begin.
The best thing for any runner is to start conditioning now. Running is demanding but very rewarding. The more practice you have, the better the season you will have. Enjoy the summer, but keep moving. See you in July!
First official team practice will be Thursday, July 28 after school
Fees for 2022 season
- $25 athletic fee
- $50 program support fee
- $TBD team t-shirt